Sunday, May 9, 2010

Miissoproperlytired.
Just spent the entire night from 6PM till now clearing emails and have finally hit the gmail limit again.
It's nice to know that I have a proper excuse to scoot off and take a break without feeling guilty or
having that niggling feeling at the back of my head.

The emails the past week have seriously been insane.
I don't think I've ever had to deal with such a horde of cross/indignant customers before.

And honestly, I don't blame them.
I think if I were any one of them I'd be hopping mad at me as well.

I thought I could finally go off for a nice, fun trip but I returned only to be met with piece after piece of lousy news.

I really dislike having to clear up after someone else just because they're not responsible enough.
Here I am working my ass off trying to make things work, trying to get things done on time
but there you have the other side screwing everything up again, again and again and I have to take the rap.

And it stinks because it's not like I can point the finger and go, oh you know it's them; it's not my fault.
Because simply, no one cares. And rightfully so, no one should have to care.
What happens behind the scenes are irrelevant. I was the one who promised to deliver and I failed.

And I'm trying to learn how to take that in my stride.
Just because someone else fails to deliver to me, doesn't mean I have an excuse to fail to deliver to my customers.

Have been bummed with some of the emails that have come in recently because they can be pretty harsh.
But I think I really need to suck it up and look past all of that so I can see where the problem is exactly and deal with it.

And that's what I intend to do. Deal with it.
Face the shit, rectify it and make sure it doesn't ever happen again.

I'm fully aware that I can't fix the problem immediately because of the interrelatedness
of the chain of processing but I've taken the necessary steps (maybe not the best, but at least they're better)
and I'm going to work on them and better them until I'm satisfied and my customers are satisfied.

I am going to nip this shit in the bud and handle it calmly and graciously so that we can all move on to rainbows & happiness.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12 May, 2010

    Wow, you have this really positive attitude babe. I'm sure it'll bring you far. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope it does! haha thanks anyway for dropping a message. it meant alot :)

    ReplyDelete